I am so afraid to think about my past and my many failures. There are many things I am ashamed of and do not want to think about. All this underlying guilt affects my self-esteem. I do not like myself very much. I think of myself as weak and fairly useless.
Even though I am afraid, I am determined to become a healthy happy person. I slowly began to write about my past. Over time I wrote many pages about my past failures and successes. I found the courage to share these writings with a trusted person. This writing and sharing turned out to be truly amazing! I learned many things:
- I realized that I have always done the best I could with where I was at and with what I knew at the time.
- I learned that I have many weaknesses I did not realize I had, including: self-will, self-deception, etc.
- I learned that I have many strengths, including: persistence, compassion, a good listening ear, etc.
- I learned to like myself.
- My self-confidence and self-esteem increased.
- I accepted myself.